Tuesday 21 May 2013

Week 133: Music for Good!

Hi Music Lovers!

I've made a song - 'hold me' available where 50% of sales go to the charity Heifer International.

I'm a little bit hesitant to bring the charity element into the music . I've been to gigs that were supposedly to raise money for charities. Do these bands earn from these gigs? Do they do it for free, for the exposure? or do they genuinely look to support the cause?

I'd decided to stay away from the issue until I could figure out the numbers. If I couldn't, it probably means that there was no transparency, and more likely a way of just making money. The second question is that if the bands are playing for free, what about the organisers?

I'm quite skeptical but I guess they need to recoup some money for costs of putting on the concert. Who knows how it works? Is there a transparent model that is acceptable to all parties? If you do know, please conact me or send me a link to redeyezack@gmail.com


My solution to this problem is to find a personal charity that I'm involved with, possibly a charity in my mother's home village outside of Bangalore, India. I look forward to visiting India in winter and look for a worthy cause. I will publish the info in a campaign and invite people to come to India to see how the funds are spent. 


Let 's see... in the meantime, I've decided on a charity called Heifer International. 'Ending world hunger and poverty is a large feat,' but they say, 'it's not unrealistic. It will take each of us doing our part.'  It's an issue which I still don't fully understand since Live Aid in 1985, maybe I've been living in a void since then, but I wake up to wonder why hunger is still with us. I'm still investigating. Here is their page if you'd like to Get Involved.

PLJ

Zack aka RedEyeZack


No comments:

Post a Comment