Tuesday 14 May 2013

Week 132: To gig a lot or not to gig a lot? - That is the question!

Hi Music Lovers,

Despite the 1st gig being sold out and a great success, I forgot to collect email addresses. It also makes me think of the work and preparation that proceeds a gig. If I really had to think about it, I'd want to gig only once a month!


Why? Because it does take up a permanent part of your brain. We have other obligations and work, like paying the rent or the dayjob deadline that puts us under pressure. At the same time. I ask myself, did I practice enough?, was I prepared?, Am I going to get everything done before the gig?, will I have to drop things? I'd much rather be chilling out near the seaside and writing songs:)

This kind of thing leaves us mentally exhausted and really wanting to focus on the music and performance only. But in these early DIY days, no such luck! That's why I'm going to limit the number of gigs over the summer, so I can work and save up... to have a few months free to focus on a strategy for making the most of the performances, less as gigs and more as special events. 

This includes having professional photos taken and High Quality video, streaming live, flyer design, recording live, good lighting, something more theatrical... etc

Follow developments this summer... maybe festivals or traveling. Keep in touch & let me know if you plan to come to Barcelona.

PLJ
Zack aka RedEyeZack

No comments:

Post a Comment