Monday 27 May 2013

Week 134: Our friends electric

Hi Guys!
I must say that summer is on the doorstep and what better way of enjoying than getting out the electric guitar and start playing with the effects pedals. This week I go electric and will start playing solos for the first time. It also means getting new gear and taking advice from Ramon at Tanne Instrumentos.


It's great to be able to sit back and focus on the instrument and textures that can be created with the electric. I'm really looking forward to experiment with fusion songs with an Indian ambience. I'll have a go with Another brick in a wall (Pink Floyd) and light my fire (The Doors). I'm sure these two songs are gonna get me back into my playing. 


Here's an experimental fusion sound from a guitar riff I played at my last gig in Istanbul with Bollywood dancer Ayşegül Ucar




I'm looking for a Bellydancer to help me develop rhythm for this track. 

Well it's time to get organised and disciplined for some regular practice. I attended a vocal workout session hosted by Tamar Sinclair. It was an eye-opener and got me loosened up to use the voice. Always learning! 

PLJ

Zack aka RedEyeZack

No comments:

Post a Comment