Saturday 26 January 2013

Week 117: Playing Covers - Beatles Night at BAMM

I joined the Barcelona Amateur Music Makers for their Beatles night. Miquel had printed sheetmusic copies of 6 or 7 songs. Were were a small group of musicians around a piano. It was great to hear the saxophone. We also had guitars, vocals and two ukulele's.
It was fun to sing together. I've always been a big Beatles fan. Here are some pictures and a slideshow of the event. Doing cover versions is a great way to collaborate with other musicians.
It's possible to connect and find common ground when you play songs that you love.
So I've decided to put a covers band together. I'm looking for a core of musicians; Bass, Guitar, piano, percussion. The idea will be to introduce other members of our BAMM community into the coverband to perform in front of friends at small event and house parties.



If you would like to join us then please drop me a line at zackqureshi@gmail.com

Checkout my cover of One featuring Albert Greenlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment