Tuesday 30 April 2013

Week 130: Getting Paid Gigs

Hi Music Lovers!
After last weeks free gig at Teteria Salterio (Teahouse) I realised I could perform without a mic and amp in front of a small friendly crowd for 1 hour and 20 minutes. It wasn't just about steaming through the songs like a train. I got into a comfort zone and a rapport with the audience and even read some poetry.


My second official gig is at Pipiolo this weekend. It's a place known for six nights of singer-songwriters every week.  It's the biggest of the small places I've elected to play and the 1st paid gig. Just 3 Euros at the door!

I've also set up at Ticketea.com, an online system where people can purchase tickets in advance for all kinds of events and venues can scan printed tickets or electronic tickets on mobile devices to validate the tickets. It was fun figuring out how the system worked & will come in handy in future.

I've started rehearsing with a few different people and hope they will join me onstage  for a few songs each.
The other group sharing the billing are POOL, playing as an acoustic duo of Gilles Estoppey on piano and Claudia Steccato on vocals.

I'm planning a few theatrical elements and would like to add some surprises to each show. I've been looking into guerilla marketing and used recycled train tickets to write my address on last week and hand out to the audience. I also collected email addresses at the show.




I'm working on new songs too, just to give some surprises and something never heard before, even on my website.

PLJ
Zack aka RedEyeZack

No comments:

Post a Comment